Friday, May 25, 2012

All Woman

I have recently given up on strapping another four to six inches around my ankles. I must admit, it is quite a silly sight seeing a lady swaying six feet plus in the air. I'm supposed to be at least 6'4 with the hills on but I only manage 6'2 since extending my leg completely seems impossible. Time and time again I tried, wasting money and beating down my esteem. WHY? Why can't I wear these stupid hills? It's like every other woman in the world can do so. I mean, even the 60 year- old ladies be strutting. COME ON!!!!
Then I realized this is more than an issue with hills. It's actually an issue with being a woman. It seems like everything that constitutes one as a woman I have rejected... The hills, the nails, eyelashes, "long" hair, foundation, pedicures every week... EVERYTHING!!! Dang some men are better women than me!
Then the Comforter reminded me, "Be in the world, not of the world". I am not saying a holy woman can't have or do these things, but they are trivial and cater to the flesh that we should be killing anyway. So I must guard my mind from the foolish thoughts of thinking things can make me what I was by nature meant to be. So the quest is no longer being a woman, but a Godly woman. Instead of worrying about what I put on me I begin to concentrate on what I put in me. Hills are meant to make you higher, when I need to be lowering myself into a state of humility. Foundation is meant to cover up, and I need the Lord to search me and remove what is unclean. Instead of putting on eyelashes, I need to be removing the plank from my eye. While some are concerned about getting their feet done, I need to make sure my are traveling on that straight and narrow road. Lastly, the only nails I need to be focused on are the ones that held my Savior to the cross for my sins.
At the end of the day, I am 100% woman who is trying to be a child of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment