Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Best is Effortless

Many months ago I heard a song say, "He saw the best in me". I didn't think too much on it unlit my dear brother forced me to. Then I smiled a sympathetic smile as I realized the deception which lies beneath. We as people, even Christians, want to paint a picture that we are ok. Many Christians talk with an underlying tone that we were good before just not good enough. When in fact the Bible, which is what we as Christians hold as truth, Jesus states that, "there's is no good man. No not one". But I understand it is hard to believe that everyone is bad because in a carnal sense it is false. But Satan is the ruler of this world, so here we fall into the rule outlined in the humorous movie, Vampire in Brooklyn, "EVIL IS GOOD". When bluntly said this rule makes no sense, but remember Satan is the father of all lies, and a master of deceit.. The Bible goes on to tell us that the heart is desperately wicked.We have to remember that this is in correlation with Christ. So to bring it full circle, it is ludicrous to compose a song which sings so joyously, "He saw the best in me" without further explanation. I am not writing this to tear down my fellow co-servants, simply to remind us that the best in us is not the community service we do, the uplifting words we share, or the money we donate, but the predestination of Christ. He saw the best in me, which was His own mercy on my soul, that I would not perish. Mercy is a gift, salvation is a gift and faith to believe in them both is indeed a gift, all from the Heavenly Father. The best in me is in fact not me at all. WOW!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment