Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hold On

Catching my attention
Caught me off guard
But held it like a baby
Gently caressing my curiosity
And nourishing my need to know
My spirit can't help but giggle
Smiles cover my face like kisses
And feel good shoots through me like chills
The unexpected has captured me
And I dance behind its bars
Musician, magician
Is this some kind of trick
Illusion of my imagination
Because this is almost unbelievable
But I'm a little captivated
Not knowing how this happened
Or what exactly it is
A self- proclaimed intellect
My mind can't rest with the thought
Running to different possible outcomes
Until I force it to stop
Or at lest pause long enough to enjoy the moment
Because the grip on my attention is firm
Squeezing contentment from it like peaches
Sweet and savoring
And I must admit
I can't help but indulge a little
Praying I don't become guilty of gluttony
And at the same time let the worry of it cause self- deprivation
Because if I'm honest
I don't know what the hell I'm doing
But they say ignorance is bliss
So until it's made plain
I'll continue to dance behind the bars that hold me
In the wonderful world of here and now.

1 comment:

  1. I digg I digg you live an interesting life through your poetry!

    ReplyDelete